Surfing & Yoga
Learn or improve your surfing with us
We divide our coaching into five different levels (level 1 to level 5). If you book your surf holiday with us, we will assign you to the appropriate group. If, for example, there are a lot of level 1 to level 2 surfers, we simply make two or more groups, so that the groups are not too large.
Here you can find out about our coaching for the various surf levels. If you are not sure what level you are, we can help you find out once you get here.
If you have never stood on a surfboard before or you still feel insecure about your take-off after your first surfing course and want to get a brush up on the basics, then this is the place for you!
Main focus points are:
- Confidence and handling the board
- Familiarization with the board
- Course and fine trim
- Take-off in a broken wave
- Diverse diving techniques
- Preparation for the green wave start
- Turns in whitewater
You have control over your surfboard and master the take-off in whitewater. You are familiar with the usual diving techniques, however, they may still need some improvements. You can do turns in whitewater. You might have learned to do the green wave start, but you don’t really have the hang of it yet.
What to expect in the Beginner + course:
- To master the green wave start
- Drop-in and behavioural rules in a line-up
- Repetition of the diving techniques
- Improvement of the fine trim
- Position towards the wave in a line-up
- “Have an eye to catch good waves”
The green wave start works well and you know the different diving techniques as well as the rules in a line-up.
What we will work on with you:
- Perfecting the fine trim
- Choice of waves to surf parallel (down the line)
- Recognizing in what direction and how fast the wave breaks
- Improving your positioning towards the wave
- Surfing parallel (down the line) on the top part of the wave (angled take off)
You surf just about every wave parallel (down the line) and you are now ready to “get more out of the wave”?
In that case, welcome to Intermediate +, starting with:
- Improvement to surf parallel (down the line)
- Learning sine curves in a wave
- Mastering the basic manoeuvres (bottom turn, re-entry, snap, cutback, floater)
- Getting first experiences in reefs
- Generating “Speed” on a wave
Do you master all the different manoeuvres in their basic form? You already made some experiences with reefs? The size of the wave doesn’t matter to you and you want to improve your manoeuvres with us? What are you waiting for?
- Improving the basic manoeuvres
- Generating speed in turns (more spray!)
- Mastering the secrets to speed, power and flow
Secure your place in the surf camp in Sri Lanka
Yoga means the unity of body, mind and spirit. Yoga can help you maintain your own health, recover more quickly from illness and injury and remain calm in perceived stressful situations.
With yoga you can find inner balance and equilibrium in your life. You can learn to become more aware of yourself, your body and your mind. The combination of physical training and conscious breathing during the exercises helps you to consciously listen to your own body, to listen into yourself and to perceive. The yoga practice helps you to stay in the here and now and to fully concentrate on the moment.
Why this also fits the life of a surfer? As with most other sports, we strive to improve our skills. But this requires more than just a good dose of passion and fun. Many of us are often not granted the opportunity to go surfing every day and thus improve our own surfing. So we have to learn again and again to strengthen our muscles, to learn how to control our body and to train our own balance and flexibility. All these physical qualities can be positively influenced by your regular yoga practice.
At drivethru surf camp in Madiha we offer yoga lessons from Monday to Friday in our beautiful Jungle Shala. Surrounded by nature, it is the perfect place to focus inward and relax.
Book your yoga sessions now